Nov 9, 2007

3 years sentence for owning a gun

Okay, before I start my rant let me just say that I take the murder of police officers very seriously and personally as my husband is a police officer, but this is just wrong!
This guy is a freaking moron, a degenerate, and a criminally irresponsible parent but a gross carriage of mis justice has been handed down to this idiot because the court felt it needed to find him guilty of something. The judge even acknowledges that it is unusual for a weapons charge to be brought before the court when the defendent has committed no other crime in association with the ownership of that weapon (but he sentences the guy anyway?!)
As far as I know, it's still not a crime to own a gun (and the gun in question was legally registered and locked up) and it is certainly not a crime to be a blithering idiot (though I definitely understand the prickling urge and to remove them from interaction with the rest of society) so what exactly is this guys' actual crime?
I know several major idiots who could use a good sentence away from the village, maybe the courts can find "something" to charge them with.

No comments: